Saturday, May 3, 2008

Roughriders & Horses

The Ladies of the Snake Pit ( at least Erin & I) need some baseball! With that in mind, I trekked up to Frisco today to purchase 4 tickets for the 2:05 Sunday game. I call them the Puppies of Summer, they are all just babies! Gotta love them.

As I am telling the young man at the ticket counter I wanted 4 tickets "down & front" for tomorrows game he showed me their seating chart & offered up row 2 down the 3rd base line. He politely looked me up and down & said , "now ma'am these are heads up tickets, you will have to pay attention to the game because foul balls get hit there often." I of course replied, "Score!!!" So he proceeded to explained foul balls... blah blah blah.. I thanked him & said I am certain those are the ones I want & I will even bring MY Keith Foulke Game Used Glove in which to catch one of those foul balls. He looked up at me & pronounced me "hard core"..I was so proud.

We will give a full report after the game..

I have to take a minute & venture away from baseball to pay respects to Eight Belles and all my friends in Lexington that knew & loved her. She was bred at Three Chimney Farm that I was fortunate enough to have a private tour of and meet the only horse I ever loved, Smarty Jones. I even have pictures of me with him. I have officially quit yelling for horses. For days I have told everyone where Eight Belles was from & when she was ready how she'd be bred to Smarty. So to Tony, Marylou, Kristin, Jennifer & all the veterinarians that cared for her, my heartfelt sympathy.

2 comments:

Micah said...

You ladies ARE hardcore!!

I need some baseball too, but funds are low, so I'll have to settle for the televised kind. At least for a few more weeks. I am going to catch three levels of Rangers baseball from May 18-26. Lumberkings on the 18th, Rangers on the 21-22 and the RedHawks the 23-26 (at least two of the games).

Craig Stambaugh said...

I'm sorry to hear about Eight Belles this afternoon. I know how much you enjoyed your visit to Lexington and the time you spent at Three Chimney Farm. We will catch a few foul balls in Frisco tomorrow and all will be better. A baseball game on a sunny afternoon cures all.