Sunday, April 27, 2008

Goodbye Win Column

Yes, Friday was fun, tonight should have been fun too. But.. it was not. I was at the Jimmy Buffett concert and had my friend Craig texting Nate and I scores & updates. Even away from baseball..I am all baseball.

Great News..Salty is catching..bad news..I am not there to watch it.

Great News..Josh,(and his 26 tattoos) hits a double, Murphy,(uhh..okay) drives in runs..looking good. Then it all appeared to go south & quickly. The texts became ugly and my spirits began to drop. Even though I swear apathy has set it, I still hold on to a glimmer of hope. Yes, I am one of "those people"..a true Ranger fan, win or lose I love my team.

I got accused earlier today of being the only other person,(besides Jamey Newberg) of being optimistic. I told this person not to confuse my love of MY team for optimism. I am not optimistic at this point. Not until some major changes are made.

Listening to Rangers Replay on my way home from the concert, I heard Mike Rodriguez (Pretty Mike)saying not to blame Wash for the cards he was delt...Excuse me..What cards is he referring to? Young, Blalock, Hamilton, Murphy, Kinsler, Salty, Laird, Millwood, Padilla & on & on. Fairly decent cards if you ask me. Yet he choses to pinch hit Botts for Cat..why would he do that? Botts can't hit major league league pitching and God forbid he even come close to hitting a curveball. The guy is Career Triple A. We would have at least had a chance with Cat.

Changes have to be made & someone must be held accountable. Right or wrong, it starts with the manager. If my team at work is not producing, I take the blame. It's just how it is. The Rangers and fans have lost confidence in Wash & maybe shaking things up a little starting with him moving through the clubhouse as needed is just the jolt the team needs.

Regardless,at the end of the day & the ump yells, "Play ball" you can bet myself and the rest of the Snake Pit will be cheering on OUR team.. Vikki

No comments: