Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just plain ugly..

I have been watching baseball since the Astrodome opened, (yes..I AM that old), so I think I know a thing or two about the game..

I know most of you will wonder what a middle aged woman can know about baseball other than..Michael Young is greatness, Josh Hamilton has 26 tattoos & can hit the ball further than anyone I can remember, C.J. is eccentric, Kam Loe is so sweet & Wes Littleton is just "happy to be here".

Well, I DO know.. Todays game was just ugly. I hate losing however I can take it like a big girl, but to get ahead & make mental errors is just annoying. Ian being picked off..what?? Byrd stopping at third & oh wait... Murphy is there too? Reminded me of "Little Big League" where a small child knew the rules better than the adults. What is going on in these boys heads?

Now to the bitter.. Years ago Charles Barkley commented that he was not supposed to be a kid's role model, it was their parents job. I do agree we are the ones that should set positive examples. However, when a 11 year old girl sits through 81 games a year & sees a big leaguer throw his bat down after a called second strike & then again when he struck out, I have to disagree with Sir Charles. I don't need to name names, we all know who he is. He has been surly and basically showed everyone the perfect example of a poor sport. I get the testosterone and frustration, I don't get the acting like a jerk. Million dollar athlete or Jr High kid playing baseball, it is wrong to behave that way. I always admired the Rangers for what I perceived as a relatively classy team (we will forget the Rocker & Sosa experiment).

I have to go with Snakeman, it's time to storm the clubhouse, throw a few bats around & give the "lolly gagger" speech..Need me to do it?

1 comment:

Craig Stambaugh said...

This is a simple game. You catch the ball, you throw the ball, you hit the ball. Got It!?
Do not anger the Redhead boys. I cannot protect you from her. You are on your own. I'm sure she'll go after MB's head first.