Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Favorite Players


I'll never forget the first time I saw C.J. Wilson pitch in Rangers stadium. Not because he was a pitching God, but because my then, eight year old daughter, stood up and cheered enthusiastically when they announced "Now pitching, number 36, C.J. Wilson".
Before this, she only clapped with the rest of the crowd mostly for home runs. I leaned over and asked her rhetorically if she liked this guy and she squealed, "Heck yeah, he's cute!" From that moment in 2005 to present day, he's been "Her Boy" as we refer to him; there's no other for her.

The reasons we pick our favorite players are all different. My first favorite player was Bo Jackson. We lived in Kansas City in 1989 and I remember watching Bo Jackson crush a home run off a pitcher who was intentionally walking him. That was exciting!

I don't hold one player as my favorite now, but there are a few I strongly dislike... Hank Blalock
I try to have a sense of humor about my dislikes. Speaking of a sense of humor, I have met
C.J. Wilson several times, we're even myspace friends. I doubt he knows it though, he's never responded back to my e-mail. I fear being his letter of the month he posts on there however, I do find them very amusing. So I have come up with my own best guesses about him personally. As far as I know none of it is true. Perhaps he'll let us know how close I came........
Erin

Top 10 Personal Facts I can Guess about Rangers Closer C.J. Wilson

10. He has been to Hawaii, twice
9. He was the Bee in his school play
8. If he could have himself cloned, he would
7. Hold the pickles on his hamburger
6. He has an unnatural fear of FIRE
5. He must finish brushing his teeth with 105 strokes in two minutes
4. Is not the tidiest person
3. He has a super hero poster above his bed
2. Still has the first street sign he stole

And the number one personal thing I can guess about C.J. Wilson ....

1. He is a 27 year old virgin


2 comments:

Micah said...

If, indeed, that #1 "guess" is true, clearly I'm not as rare as I think. :)

Craig Stambaugh said...

I would guess that he had a Elf Ranger character with his Dungeon & Dragons buddies in school. OOO wait a Dwarf Warrior named Gurt the Gnarlly.