Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hank Who?


A little back ground.....

Two years ago I was a little excited to get to a Rough Riders game to see Hank Blalock's little brother play ball. We went early to try and get autographs from the players before the game.
The lesser Blalock was signing so, Aubrey and I rushed over to get his autograph. He got right to Aubrey who was about 9 years old at the time and looked at her and said "That's it I got to go."

I understand having to go, a ball player needs to stretch before a game. (see above) We stayed where we were and after a few minutes he returned to sign some more. He got to Aubrey and again said "That's it"
I told Aubrey that I didn't think his britches were big enough to be big leaguing her like that. TWICE!

She didn't care... I did. Fast forward a few weeks and Hank is signing before a Rangers game. Aubrey and I wait for him to get down the short line of people to us. He signs for Aubrey and looks at me and says "That's it I got to go."
I was the only one left, there was no one after me. He big leagued me!!

That was it I had had it with the Blalock brothers. Hank was now DEAD to me. Every time Hank was announced before his at bat as well as merely mentioned, I always asked "Who?"
Hank began to struggle offensively. Vikki even resorted to bringing an IV line for him cause he was weak and thready. It didn't help much.

Hank seems to be on the DL quite consistently now days. hmmm And where is the lesser Blalock? How's he coming along in the minors?

Personally I don't think we need Hank anymore, we seem to be doing just fine without him. Third base is covered. Hank volunteers to play first and oops there goes the DL again.
I'm thinking he's a good DFA candidate.

Don't big league me, it doesn't set well.
Erin

2 comments:

Micah said...

I'm surprised your family has been big leagued three times. Would that be three strikes and you're out? And who would say "no" to Aubrey? Seriously!!!

I've always liked Hank, but ... we've also been playing fine as of late without him. So...if we can move him and get a good deal, I think it should be done.

Snakes Eye View said...

Let the Blalock incident serve as a lesson to,Uhhh.. Is that Murphy? The ladies of the Snake Pit shall NOT be big leagued.

Seems like Hank maybe "ruing the day"...